Town Category: Western Australia
- For places of a similar name, see Two Rock (disambiguation).Suburb of Perth, Western Australia
Two Rocks is an outer suburb at the northern edge of Perth, the state capital of Western Australia, located 61 kilometres (38 mi) north of the city's central business district. It is part of the City of Wanneroo local authority and represents the furthest northern extent of the Perth metropolitan area.
While the suburb has a large area, as at the 2001 census, the suburb's entire population lived within a 2.3 km2 (0.9 sq mi) region near the coast on either side of the marina. Large sections of the suburb are fenced off due to unexploded ordnance left behind from past military activity in the area.
A large bushfire in the area in 1991 destroyed many dwellings in the suburb.
The suburb of Two Rocks takes its name from two prominent rocks offshore from Wreck Point. It was approved as a suburb name in 1975.
Suburbs and localities of the City of Wanneroo, Perth, Western Australia
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Two Rocks (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Photo Essay showing the current state (in December 2009) of the land where the park used to be.
- Western Australian Land Information Authority. "History of metropolitan suburb names – T". Retrieved 17 April 2007.
- Northern 78 timetable, Transperth, effective 14 December 2008. Retrieved on 27 December 2008.
North West North East South¹ Suburb shared with the City of Joondalup
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.