Jan Juc, VictoriaTown in Victoria, Australia
Nearby Bellbrae was originally called Jan Juc but was renamed in 1923, so the Jan Juc Post Office, which opened on 25 January 1862, was in fact in Bellbrae. There has never been a post office in the current Jan Juc.
As of 2009, housing estates almost link Jan Juc to adjacent Torquay, across the Spring Creek. Along with many other parts of the Surf Coast, increasing popularity is placing pressure on the coastal environment.
Jan Juc beach
The Jan Juc beach lies between Rocky Point to the east and Bird Rock to the west, and is bounded by high cliffs, apart from the middle where an ephemeral creek enters Bass Strait through sand dunes. The beach is patrolled during summer months by the Jan Juc Surf Life Saving Club.
- Musician Xavier Rudd
- Captain of the Port Adelaide AFL football team Travis Boak
- Local enforcer of the AHA Pub game/Professional punter Jimmy Ryan Currently off scratch at his local Punters Club, CEO and founder of JR Solutions and famous for his phrase of “tingle on the tongue”
Jan Juc has a Surf Life Saving Club which includes a junior “Nippers” program. The Jan Juc
Sharks cricket club has eight junior teams and four senior teams that compete in the Geelong Junior Cricket Association and the Bellarine Peninsula Cricket Association respectively. Jan Juc Boardriders is the local surfing club.
Visitor attractions on the Great Ocean Road
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). “Jan Juc (State Suburb)”. 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- Premier Postal History. “Post Office List”. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- Peter Farago (February 21, 2009). “Xavier Rudd protest at Torquay”. Retrieved 4 December 2009.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.