Connewarre, VictoriaTown in Victoria, Australia
Connewarre, Victoria, Australia, is located in south-east of Geelong, and is named after Lake Connewarre which is situated immediately to its north-east. At the 2016 census, Connewarre and the surrounding area had a population of 788.
Part of the Eastern Precinct of the large Armstrong Creek Growth Area was within Connewarre when urban development began in 2010, but in 2012, when the new suburb Armstrong Creek was gazetted, Connewarre’s boundary was adjusted to exclude the area north of Lower Duneed Road and the west of Baenschs Lane, meaning that all of the Growth Area then lay outside Connewarre.
The former Connewarre Primary School has been closed and merged with Mount Duneed Primary School.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). “Connewarre (State Suburb)”. 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- “General Gazette Number G8” (PDF). Victoria Government Gazette. Government of Victoria. 23 February 2012. p. 36. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Woods, Eleanor (9 August 2011). “Charlemont 3217”. Surf Coast Times. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- “Charlemont” (PDF). Department of Energy and Primary Industries. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 April 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- “Minutes: Tuesday, 13 December 2011” (PDF). City of Greater Geelong. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.