Town Category: Queensland
- Suburb of City of Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Springfield Lakes is a suburb in the City of Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. It is one of the suburbs created within Greater Springfield. At the 2016 census the suburb recorded a population of 15,318.
Springfield Lakes is one of the suburbs created within Greater Springfield, a 2,850 hectare site which is Australia's largest master planned community. For comparison purposes this is more than half the size of Cairns. The suburb was specifically located to reduce growth along the Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor in South East Queensland.
The suburb is serviced by bus route 522 which links Goodna station with Springfield Central station. Apart from bus services, the suburb also has access to rail services with the northern part of Springfield Lakes being serviced by Springfield railway station while the southern part of the suburb is serviced by Springfield Central railway station across from Orion Springfield Central shopping centre.
Springfield Lakes was developed by Lend Lease as a series of smaller neighbourhoods (villages). As of November 2015 these neighbourhoods are: Bridgewater Chase (Springfield), Clancy's Crossing (Springfield), The Escarpment (Springfield), Lakeside, Eden's Homestead, Olive Springs, Butterfly Green, The Promenade, Waterside at The Promenade, The Peninsula, The Summit, Aspect, Creekside, Lakes Entrance, Wildflower Ridge, Park Edge, Tea Trees, Central Walk, and The Sanctuary. The Peninsula is the final neighbourhood of Springfield Lakes developed immediately behind Regatta Lake and Discovery Lake.
Good Shepherd Primary School is a Catholic primary school (Prep to Year 6).
- "Springfield Lakes Region Data Summary". Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- "Springfield Lakes (entry 49505)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Springfield Lakes (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Living Here - Residential". Springfield Land Corporation. Archived from the original on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Community Vision Springfield Lakes
- "Route 522 timetable". TransLink.
- Springfield Station | TransLink
- Springfield Central Station | TransLink
- "The Peninsula". Lend Lease. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "New Schools". Brisbane Catholic Education. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- Springfield Lakes
- Springfield Lakes - Community
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Springfield Lakes
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.