Sandford is a town located on the South Arm Peninsula on the outskirts of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. It is part of the City of Clarence. Sandford is also home to the Sandford Rifle Club which is located in Rifle Range Road. It is far enough from the Tasmanian capital of Hobart to consist largely of bushland, but near enough to be within commuting distance. Most of the inhabitants of Sandford live on a large acreage, either used for farming or recreational purposes.

History

Muddy Plains Post Office opened on 20 November 1850. It was renamed Sandford in 1887 and closed in 1972.[1]

References

  1. ^ Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 16 June 2012.