Resonate Broadcasting is an Australian media company, operating radio stations across various centres across regional Queensland, as well as Hawaii. Formed in 2008, with the acquisition of 3GG Warragul, Victoria, and Hot FM Charters Towers, Queensland, the company currently operates 16 radio stations across Australia and the United States.
The company was formed in 2008 by directors Rex Morris and Guy Dobson. The former was the group Program Director for Austereo's Triple M Network, based in Brisbane, while the latter was the group's CEO. The first acquisitions were of three stations divested by Macquarie Media Group following its purchase of Southern Cross Broadcasting – 3GG Warragul, Victoria, and and Hot FM Charters Towers, Queensland. In July 2012, the stations were joined by two more, with 4LG and West FM in Longreach sold to the company by Radio Outback Pty. Ltd.
On 31 May 2012, the company acquired three radio stations in Hawaii from – KHBC and KIPA in Hilo, and KHWI in Holualoa – through subsidiary Resonate Hawaii, LLC. KHBC and KWHI began simulcasting as adult top 40 The Wave @92FM, and in 2013 was joined by alternative rock 102.7 The Beach KTBH-FM.
After an attempted sale to fell through, in February 2015 Warragul, Victoria-based 3GG was acquired by the Capital Radio Network. On 30 October 2015, it was announced the company had acquired the assets of Macquarie Regional Radio, a subsidiary of Macquarie Radio Network, thereby adding eight stations to their network in Queensland.
Resonate Regional Radio Network
|4CCC||101.7 FM||West FM||Charleville, Queensland||Adult contemporary|
|4CHT||95.9 FM||West FM||Charters Towers, Queensland||Contemporary hit radio|
|Hot Country Radio||Dalby, Queensland
|828 AM||4GC||Charters Towers, Queensland||Classic hits||Part of the Triple M network|
|4HI||1143 AM||4HI||Emerald, Queensland||Classic hits|
|4LG||1098 AM||Outback Radio 4LG||Longreach, Queensland||Classic hits|
|666 AM||4LM||Mount Isa, Queensland||Classic hits|
|4LRE||104.5 FM||West FM||Longreach, Queensland||Adult contemporary|
|4SB||1071 AM||4SB||Kingaroy, Queensland||Classic hits|
|4VL||918 AM||4VL||Charleville, Queensland||Classic hits|
|4ZR||1476 AM||4ZR||Roma, Queensland||Classic hits|
Resonate Hawaii, LLC
|KHBC (FM)||92.7 FM||The Wave @92FM||Hilo, Hawaii||Adult top 40|
|KHWI||92.1 FM||The Wave @92FM||Holualoa, Hawaii||Adult top 40||Simulcast of KHBC (FM)|
|KIPA (AM)||1060 AM||102.7 The Beach||Hilo, Hawaii||Alternative rock||Simulcast of KTBH-FM|
|KTBH-FM||102.7 FM||102.7 The Beach||Kurtistown, Hawaii||Alternative rock|
|3GG||531 AM||3GG||Warragul, Victoria||Adult contemporary||Sold to Capital Radio Network in 2015|
- "Rex Morris Biography". Resonate Project Group. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "ACMAsphere" (PDF). Australian Communications and Media Authority (29). 3 April 2008. p. 8. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Longreach stations sold to two famous radio families by a third". Radioinfo.com.au. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Company Overview of Chaparral Broadcasting Inc". Bloomberg Business. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Kona company trying to buy 3 isle radio stations". Hawaii Tribune-Herald. Stephens Media. 20 May 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "102.7 The Beach Set To Launch Alternative on the 4th of July in Hawaii". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "3GG finally sold. Kevin Blyton new owner". Radioinfo.com.au. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "3GG Sold to Kevin Blyton". Radio Today. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Queensland radio company triples its size with latest acquisition". Radioinfo.com.au. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.