It is located 20 km south of the Central Business District of Adelaide in the north of the City of Onkaparinga. It is bordered to the east by Main South Road, to the south by Sherriffs Road, and to the north by Field River.
Reynella Post Office opened on 5 September 1856. A Reynella South office opened in 1963 and closed in 1969.
Reynella is primary serviced by buses on the Adelaide Metro network.
An unusual landmark in Reynella is what has become known colloquially as Junk Food Junction or Junk Food Corner. At a time when the fast food market was less saturated, the intersection of South Road, Adelaide and Pimpala Road had all four major fast food outlets: McDonald's, Hungry Jack's, Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken. Currently on this intersection there is McDonald's, KFC, Hungry Jacks, , , Red Rock Noodle Bar, Domino's Pizza and a Caltex service station. The derelict site of the former Pizza Hut building has attracted some local controversy[when?] for the amount of time it has taken to redevelop.
Notable people from or who lived in Reynella include:
- James Gilbert Woolcock, metallurgist, mining consultant, mining engineer
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Reynella". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Southern Adelaide SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Search result for "County of Adelaide, CNTY" with the following data sets selected - "Counties" and "Local Government Areas"". Property Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.