J.A. Gorrick, an early settler, became the father-in-law of the actor Bert Bailey in 1902. Bailey then purchased Gorrick's land and built an eighteen-room house there, known as The Bluff. In 1934, the property was acquired by the Little Company of Mary, who nursed tuberculosis patients there. In 1947, the Brothers of St John of God acquired the site and ran a special school for boys.
- History of Morisset Park (Lake Macquarie City Library)