Eraring, New South Wales
The area's name is Aboriginal in origin and means "that which gleams or glitters". Eraring was renamed Newport in the hope that a port facility would be built there, but this never happened. Some farming was established. Dr. Leighton Jones, who was known as the Monkey Doctor because he conducted rejuvenation operations using monkey glands, moved into the area in the 1930s. A public school opened in 1924.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Eraring (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 23 January 2019. < Material was copied from this source, which is available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- "Eraring Postcode (NSW)". postcodes.qpzm.com.au. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "History of Eraring". Retrieved 30 October 2012.