Town Category: Queensland
Oxenford, QueenslandSuburb of Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
The suburb is bordered to the north by the Coomera River; the Pacific Motorway forms the eastern boundary. The western edge of the suburb is also bordered by the Coomera River, which can only be crossed via the Coomera River causeway. Theme parks Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet'n'Wild Water World are located within Oxenford's boundaries.
Oxenford has expanded in recent years with the subdivision Studio Village being built in the southern end of the suburb, adjacent to the two major theme parks; the subdivision itself was inspired by Movie World, with the street names all referring to objects or people within Hollywood and film culture.
A train station on the South Coast railway line was used until 1964 when the line closed. No station was built in Oxenford for the modern Gold Coast railway line. Work on the road south to Southport was undertaken in 1928.
According to the 2016 census of Population, there were 11,842 people in Oxenford.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people made up 1.7% of the population.
- 66.2% of people were born in Australia. The next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 10.0%, England 6.0% and South Africa 1.7%.
- 86.2% of people spoke only English at home. Other languages spoken at home included Mandarin at 1.0%.
- The most common responses for religion were No Religion 33.4%, Catholic 19.1% and Anglican 18.5%.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Oxenford (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Southport Road". The Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld. : 1872 - 1947). Brisbane, Qld.: National Library of Australia. 10 April 1928. p. 15 Edition: 5 O'CLOCK CITY EDITION. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.