Old Beach is a residential / rural locality in the local government area (LGA) of Brighton in the Hobart LGA region of Tasmania. The locality is about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) south of the town of Brighton. The 2016 census provides a population of 3779 for the state suburb of Old Beach.
It is approximately 7km from the Baskerville Raceway.Old Beach is surrounded by an abundance of green mountainous terrain. At the heart of Old Beach is an old mining quarry, active in the late 1980s for the mining of sandstone, and providing and economic boost for the area.
- "2016 Census Quick Stats Old Beach (Tas.)". quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 23 October 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 February 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Placenames Tasmania – Old Beach". Placenames Tasmania. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
Select “Search”, enter 1165J, click “Search”, select row, map is displayed, click “Details”
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- Google (2 April 2021). "Old Beach, Tasmania" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- "Tasmanian Road Route Codes" (PDF). Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water & Environment. May 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.