Upper Rosemount Road roughly follows the ridge of the Rosemount Spur, which is a watershed for both the creeks. 'Rosemount' was an early cane farm on Petrie Creek. Rosemount covers an area of about 1160 hectares or around 12 km². Rosemount varies in elevation up to 130 m above sea level.
As Rosemount is positioned between the major urban centres of Nambour and Maroochydore it has attracted some highly priced rural and residential developments. Most, however, are in a more modest range.
In the 1880s farm selections were taken up, almost all for cane-growing.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Rosemount (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Rosemount - locality in Sunshine Coast Region (entry 48861)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- Google (13 August 2019). "Rosemount, Queensland" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Agency ID 8830, Rosermount State School". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Rosemount". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.