In 1998, construction began on Platform 2.
In December 2006, the State Government announced the station would be upgraded. The work was completed in late 2007, and included the building of new platforms, rainwater tanks, shelters, lighting, and toilets. A new cark park was also built. These upgrades were part of an overhaul of the Caboolture to Landsborough section of the North Coast line. The section was to be duplicated in full by 2012, but so far only the Caboolture to Beerburrum section has been completed. This is now scheduled to be completed by 2021.
The station has the Landsborough Air Raid Shelter, one of the few remaining examples of World War II reinforced-concrete air raid shelters in Queensland. Landsborough was a regular stopping point for refreshments for troop trains. The air raid shelter is now heritage-listed.
Landsborough is serviced by City network services to Brisbane, Nambour and Gympie North. To relieve congestion on the single track North Coast line, the rail service is supplemented by a bus service operated by Kangaroo Bus Lines on weekdays between Caboolture and Nambour as route 649.
Services by platform
|1||Sunshine Coast||Roma Street, Ipswich, Nambour & Gympie North|||
|Springfield Central||Three weekday afternoon services only|
|Traveltrain||Brisbane Roma Street, Bundaberg & Rockhampton|
|2||Sunshine Coast||Nambour||Three weekday services only|
|Ipswich||One evening weekday service only|
Sunbus operate two routes to and from Landsborough station:
Glasshouse Country Coaches operates one route via Landsborough station:
- 891 Beerwah to Maleny, as it is a QConnect service, it is not part of the TransLink network and go card is not valid
- "QR System Update" Railway Digest August 1998 page 13
- Landsborough station upgrade plans revealed Queensland Government 21 December 2006
- Caboolture to Landsborough Rail Upgrade Study Archived 23 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Tours Australian Railway Historical Society
- Queensland, EPA (2000). Heritage Trails of the Great South East. p. 129. ISBN 073451008X.
- "Sunshine Coast Line timetable". TransLink. 2 March 2020.
- "Route 649 timetable". TransLink.
- "Tilt Train timetable" (PDF). Queensland Rail Travel. 14 December 2018.
- Landsborough Platform 1 TransLink
- Landsborough Platform 2 TransLink
- "Route 605 timetable". TransLink.
- "Route 615 timetable". TransLink.
- "Route 891 timetable". QConnect.