Town Category: Victoria
List of Melbourne suburbs
This is a list of the suburbs of Melbourne, the capital city of Victoria, with their postcodes and local government areas (LGAs). Suburbs are defined here as localities within the legislated Urban Growth Boundary, all of which have some urban development. This line is the effective boundary of suburban Melbourne; outside it lie rural areas, and some townships of varying size. This article does not include Phillip Island and suburbs and localities within the Geelong region.
Some of the suburbs are contained within two or three local government areas; these have been marked and cross-referenced.
Localities are shown in italics to differentiate them from suburbs.
Information about exact suburb boundaries can be obtained from the Department of Sustainability and Environment.
- Cadastral divisions of Victoria
- Local government areas of Victoria
- List of localities in Victoria (Australia)
- List of Melbourne railway stations
- List of Melbourne tram routes
- List of Melbourne bus routes
- Victorian postcodes generally start with “3”.
- Urban Growth Boundary map Archived 5 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Distance from the General Post Office, Melbourne (in the Melbourne City Centre).
- Statistics, c=AU; o=Commonwealth of Australia; ou=Australian Bureau of. “Census”. www.abs.gov.au. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
Lists of suburbs of Australian cities and metropolitan areas
- Secret suburbs are popping up all over the place (The Age, 3 October 2007)
- Melbourne Suburbs Profile
- Suburbs Map
- Victorian Places
- Towns near Melbourne
Capital cities Others
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.