Belgrave railway station
- This article is about the suburban railway station. For the Puffing Billy Railway station, see Belgrave (Puffing Billy) railway station
Belgrave railway station is the terminus of the Belgrave line in Victoria, Australia, and serves the eastern Melbourne suburb of Belgrave. The station was called Monbulk when it opened on 18 December 1900, but was renamed Belgrave on 21 November 1904. The station was originally on the Upper Ferntree Gully – Gembrook narrow gauge line. It closed, along with the rest of the line, on 30 April 1954. After the line from Ferntree Gully to Belgrave was converted to broad gauge, the rebuilt station reopened on 19 February 1962.
The new station was located further down the line than the original narrow-gauge station, which was approximately where the current station car park is located. It was upgraded to a premium station on 2 July 1996. In 2018 the Victorian Government announced it would fund the construction of a multi-deck park and ride facility, along with a new bridge to connect the station to the Burwood Highway at the southern end.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operate five routes to and from Belgrave station:
- 663: to Lilydale station
- 693: to Oakleigh station
- 694: to Olinda
- 695: to Gembrook
- 697: to Belgrave South
- Belgrave Vicsig
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- "Belgrave Station car park upgrade". VicTrack. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Have your say on the new Belgrave station car park". Ferntree Gully & Belgrave Mail. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Belgrave Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "663 Belgrave - Lilydale via Kallista & The Patch & Monbulk & Mt Evelyn". Public Transport Victoria.
- "693 Belgrave - Oakleigh via Ferntree Gully & Brandon Park". Public Transport Victoria.
- "694 Olinda - Belgrave via Sherbrooke Road". Public Transport Victoria.
- "695 Belgrave - Gembrook". Public Transport Victoria.
- "697 Belgrave - Belgrave South via Belgrave Heights". Public Transport Victoria.