- For the Indian ticketing company, see RedBus.in
In 1923 Messrs. Barham & Wells started a bus service between The Entrance and Wyong in opposition to a ferry service. In 1924 a service commenced between The Entrance and Gosford trading as The Red Bus Company - Tuggerah Lakes Motors. The business was sold in 1929 to the Sloman family and renamed The Entrance Red Bus Service. In 1946 a service between Gosford and East Springfield was purchased and renamed Gosford Bus Service.
In 1949, services from The Entrance to Wyong, The Entrance to Ourimbah and Ourimbah to Wyong were purchased. In 1952, local services in The Entrance were purchased giving The Entrance Red Bus Service control of all services operating in the area. In the early 1950s, Red Bus also operated coach services out of Newcastle, Gosford and Cooma and was the first mainland bus company to operate a coach to Tasmania. The Gosford to Kariong and Lisarow services were purchased and later sold. In December 1973, the Gosford to Matcham and Holgate service was acquired.
In June 1988, the Central Coast Airbus between Bateau Bay and Sydney Airport service commenced, ceasing in 2000. The Gosford Bus Service and The Entrance Red Bus Service names remained in use until the late 1990s when both were rebranded as Red Bus Services and all operations consolidated at the Bateau Bay depot.
As at August 2020, the fleet consisted of 100 buses and coaches. The fleet livery was red and cream until the Transport for NSW white and blue livery was adopted in 2010. The Central Coast Airbus fleet was painted in a grey, white red and yellow scheme.
As of August, 2020 the following services are provided
15 / 16 The Entrance or Bateau Bay Square to Tuggerah (Certain Trips to Wyong) and Return. Monday-Friday Peak Hours.
17 / 18 The Entrance North / The Entrance to Gosford ( 18 Via Killarney Vale) Monday-Friday Peak Hours
19 Gosford Train Station to Wyong Train Station and return (select services travel to Wyong Hospital)
20 Gosford to Holgate and Matcham and Return.
21 / 22/ 23 Gosford Train Station to The Entrance (some services extend to The Entrance North). 21 Operates Via Bateau Bay East, 22 operates via Old Gosford Road, 23 Operates Via Shelly Beach.
26 The Entrance to Wyong Train Station via Berkeley Vale.
28 Gosford to The Entrance Via Springfield. Late Night Service.
30 Wyong Station to Westfield Tuggerah Via Tacoma South
40 Gosford to North Gosford and Return. (Certain Trips Extend to Wyoming Shops)
41 Gosford to West Gosford and Return.
42 Gosford to Point Frederick and Return.
43 Springfield to Gosford. Monday-Friday Peak Hours
44 Gosford to Erina Fair Via Springfield
45 Bay Village loop service via Mingara Recreation Club
48 Bay Village loop service via Forresters Beach
47 Tuggerah Train Station to Ourimbah Train Station
- A Brief History of the Company Red Bus Services
- New South Wales Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. 1993. p. 16.
- "Central Coast Airbus" Fleetline August 1989 page 122
- "New South Wales Deregulation" Australian Bus Panorama 5/2 September 1989 page 9
- "Red Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama 14/4 February 1999 page 45
- Outer Metropolitan Sydney Bus Contract Regions 6 and 7 Archived 14 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine, NSW Government Transport and Infrastructure, Retrieved 8 July 2014
- Red Bus Services Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- https://www.redbus.com.au/timetables list of all services provide