Town Category: Queensland
Virginia, QueenslandSuburb of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Virginia is a suburb in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It is located 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of the Brisbane central business district. It is primarily a residential suburb with many timber and tin Queenslander style housing.
The median age of the Virginia population was 34 years, 3 years below the Australian median. Children aged under 15 years made up 18.9% of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 11.6% of the population.
74.6% of people living in Virginia were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 4%, England 2.5%, India 1.6%, China 1.4%, Papua New Guinea 0.7%.
83.7% of people spoke only English at home; the next most popular languages were 1.3% Mandarin, 1% Punjabi, 0.7% Japanese, 0.5% Filipino, 0.5% Spanish.
One of Brisbane Transport‘s bus depots is based in Virginia.
Heritage-listed sites in Virginia include:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). “Virginia (QLD, State Suburb)”. 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- “Deagon Ward”. Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- “Northgate Ward”. Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- “Virginia Golf Club”. Virginia Golf Club. Archived from the original on 14 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- “Virginia State School (entry 602860)”. Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Virginia
- “Virginia”. BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 24 July 2008.
- “Virginia”. Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 6 March 2008.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.