Upper Kedron, Queensland
The suburb contains the headwaters of the two tributaries of Kedron Brook, namely Kedron Creek and Cedar Creek. Despite the similarity of their names, the Brisbane suburbs of Upper Kedron and Kedron are 15.3 kilometres apart.
In the 2011 census, the population of Upper Kedron was 3,432, 50.1% female and 49.9% male.
The median age of the Upper Kedron population was 31 years, 6 years below the Australian median.
81.3% of people living in Upper Kedron were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were England 5.5%, New Zealand 3%, Scotland 0.6%, South Africa 0.6%, Iran 0.4%.
92.5% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.7% Persian (excluding Dari), 0.4% Italian, 0.3% Assyrian Neo-Aramaic, 0.3% Dutch, 0.3% Sinhalese.
Cedar Woods lodged a Development Application with Brisbane City Council over the Suburb's remaining undeveloped land within the South East Queensland Urban Footprint, noting the Council's zones as being inconsistent with the South East Queensland Regional Plan. The development proposes to use an existing road reserve which runs through the property to connect with Mount Nebo Road, and ultimately Waterworks Road.
The proposed 227 hectare development includes 91 hectares of open space and up to 980 individual lots to be developed over a period of ten years. The works to develop the site are estimated to cost $900 million, and will generate up to 550 direct jobs.
The proposed development responds to the site's topography by offering a range of living options, ranging from bush blocks, to lots designed for terrace-style dwellings.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Upper Kedron (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "The Gap Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Upper Kedron (entry 44261)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Upper Kedron Estate pre-development website". Archived from the original on 11 April 2015. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Cedar Woods expands into Qld". Gold Coast Bulletin. 6 May 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Foster, Sophie (9 May 2014). "550 jobs off 1000 new homes within 13km of Brisbane CBD". Courier-Mail. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Proposed Call in Submission: Proposed Masterplanned Community" (PDF). Cedar Woods Properties Limited. Archived (PDF) from the original on 22 September 2017. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Upper Kedron
- ourbrisbane.com website, Upper Kedron section
- Upper Kedron Estate pre-development website