Town Category: Queensland
Stafford Heights, QueenslandSuburb of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Stafford Heights is 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) north of the Brisbane central business district.
Stafford Heights is named because it is on higher ground than its neighbouring Stafford. The Heights name was used locally as a neighbourhood name from the 1950s but it became a gazetted suburb in 1975. Stafford was a name adopted by local consent in 1885-1886, after Staffordshire in England.
In the 2011 census, the population of Stafford Heights was 6,780, 51.8% female and 48.2% male.
The median age of the Stafford Heights population was 38 years, 1 year above the Australian median.
76.9% of people living in Stafford Heights were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 3.8%, England 2.6%, Italy 1.7%, Philippines 1%, India 0.5%.
84.7% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 2.9% Italian, 0.5% Greek, 0.4% Tagalog, 0.4% Cantonese, 0.4% Arabic.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). “Stafford Heights (State Suburb)”. 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- “Marchant Ward”. Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- “McDowall Ward”. Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- “Stafford Heights – suburb in City of Brisbane (entry 49716)”. Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Stafford Heights
- “Stafford Heights”. BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 24 July 2008.
- “Stafford Heights”. Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 14 September 2007.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.