Richlands railway station
Richlands railway station is located on the Springfield line in Queensland, Australia. It serves the Brisbane suburb of Richlands.
Richlands opened on 17 January 2011 as the terminus of what was then the Richlands Line. The line has since been extended to Springfield Central.
The station multi-storey car park has 650 car parking spaces for vehicles.
Construction and opening
Construction started on the station on 1 July 2008. The planning included about 650 car parks, a bus interchange, bicycle lockers and a drop-off area.
The station was due to open on 23 January 2011 with no services due to scheduled maintenance works on the Ipswich line, but due to the Queensland floods the opening was brought forward to 17 January 2011 in order to assist with the recovery efforts. On 2 December 2013, the line was extended to Springfield Central.
Richlands is served by trains operating to and from Springfield Central. Most city-bound services run to Kippa-Ring, with some morning peak trains terminating at Bowen Hills. Mid-afternoon services on weekdays run to Caboolture, with one morning and afternoon peak service to Nambour. Three trains on Sunday morning also travel to these destinations; two to Caboolture and one to Nambour. On Monday to Thursday afternoons, there is one Doomben train (this time slot is replaced by a Bowen Hills train on Fridays). Richlands is nine minutes from Springfield Central and 32 minutes from Central.
Services by platform
Platform Line Destinations Express Notes 1 Springfield Springfield Central All outbound services 2 Springfield Kippa-Ring Bowen Hills to Northgate, stopping at Eagle Junction Most off-peak services and some on-peak services Bowen Hills Weekday morning peak services (plus one afternoon service on Fridays) only Caboolture and Nambour Weekdays: Bowen Hills to Petrie, stopping at Eagle Junction and Northgate Afternoon services (plus one morning peak service to Nambour) Weekends: Northgate to Petrie Three Sunday morning services Doomben One afternoon service on Monday to Thursday only
Brisbane Transport operate two routes from Richlands station:
- 101: Oxley station to Forest Lake via Inala
- 460: City to Heathwood via Forest Lake Shops
- Tony Moore (11 October 2012). “Bikeway axed for Centenary Motorway widening”. Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- Hurst, Daniel (6 January 2011). “The train station with no trains”. Brisbane Times.
- “$800 million project offers transport choices” (Press release). Queensland Government. 1 July 2008.
- “New train station to open early”. Brisbane Times. 16 January 2011.
- Kieran Banks (2 December 2013). “Fast track to growth: Springfield train line is opened”. The Queensland Times.
- “Richlands-Springfield Central railway opens” Railway Digest January 2014 pages 34-39
- “Platform 1 timetable”.
- “Platform 2 timetable”.
- Media related to Richlands railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Richlands station Queensland Rail
- Richlands station TransLink travel information