Port of Brisbane Motorway
Port of Brisbane Motorway is a motorway, which connects the Port of Brisbane to the Gateway Motorway. Stage 1 was opened in December 2002. The motorway was built to take freight traffic off Lytton Road, with about 4,000 vehicles travelling to the Port of Brisbane in 2002. Stage 1 cost A$196 million and was finished six months ahead of schedule and A$20 million under budget. The Port of Brisbane Motorway holds the M4 motorway designation
Stage 2 includes a three kilometre extension of the existing motorway through to Pritchard Street. Construction commenced in April 2011 with completion in February 2013. The project was named Port Connect, an A$385 million upgrade.
A further stage of upgrade were completed on the connecting roads to the port. The project was named Port Drive Upgrade, an A$110 million upgrade from the eastern end of the Port of Brisbane Motorway through to Port Gate. Construction commenced in Q3 2016 and completed mid 2018. It included duplication of Port Drive, an overpass at Kite Street intersection and duplication of Lucinda Drive.
The entire motorway is in the City of Brisbane local government area.
|Murarrie||0||0.0||Gateway Motorway (M1) – Ipswich, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane Airport||South-western motorway terminus; semi-directional T interchange|
|0.9||0.56||Lytton Road (State Route 24) – Murarrie, Brisbane||No exit westbound|
|Lytton||3.8||2.4||Lytton Road (State Route 24) / Lindum Road (State Route 30) – Hemmant, Wynnum||No north-eastbound entrance; south-westbound entrance via looped ramp|
|5.3||3.3||Lytton Road (State Route 24) south / Pritchard Street (State Route 24) east – Lytton, Wynnum||North-eastbound exit and entrance only|
|6.2||3.9||Pritchard Street (State Route 24) – Lytton, Wynnum||South-westbound exit and entrance only|
|6.9||4.3||Port Drive north-east – Port of Brisbane||North-eastern motorway terminus: continues as Port Drive|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
The accompanying diagram shows the interchanges with and overpasses of the Port of Brisbane Motorway.
| Port of Brisbane Motorway|
From North-East to South-West
- Queensland Motorways - Port of Brisbane Motorway
- Media Release - 'New motorway to deliver trade benefits to Australia' 18 December 2002
- "Port of Brisbane Motorway open ahead of schedule" (pdf). Queensland Government. 21 February 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Project Overview" (PDF). Queensland Government Department of Transport and Main Roads. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "$110 million Port Drive upgrade". Queensland Government. 9 June 2016. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Port Drive Upgrade". Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- Google (3 June 2014). "Port of Brisbane Motorway" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 June 2014.