Nudgee Beach, Queensland
Nudgee Beach is an outer suburb of Brisbane, Australia and also the name of the beach located in the suburb. It is 18 kilometres (11 mi) north of the Brisbane central business district where Schulz Canal enters Moreton Bay and is the closest beach to the Brisbane CBD. Directly to the south is Brisbane Airport.
Nudgee Beach is named after the neighbouring suburb Nudgee. At the 2011 Australian census 261 residents were recorded to live in the suburb.
There is a bike track that runs close by the Schulz Canal itself, and eventually reaches Toombul shopping centre (and from there, many other parts of Brisbane).
Nudgee Beach is surrounded by numerous mangroves. The built up area is bordered to its north and west by the Boondall Wetlands
In the 2011 census, Nudgee Beach had a population of 261 people; 48.7% female and 51.3% male.
The median age of the Nudgee Beach population was 45 years of age, 8 years above the Australian median. Children aged under 15 years made up 13.8% of the population and people aged 65 years and over made up 17.7% of the population.
77.9% of people living in Nudgee Beach were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were England 4.6%, New Zealand 4.2%, Ireland 2.7%, Germany 1.1%, Papua New Guinea 1.1%.
88.8% of people spoke only English at home; the next most popular languages were 1.9% German, 1.9% Vietnamese, 1.5% Thai, 1.2% Pacific Austronesian Languages.
The median weekly household income in Nudgee Beach was $1,224, very similar to the national median of $1,234.
Nearly all households in Nudgee Beach (97.0%) were separate houses, there were no semi-detached, row or terrace houses, townhouses etc., and no flats, units or apartments, and 3.0% were classified as “other dwellings”. The average household size was 2.5 people.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). “Nudgee Beach (State Suburb)”. 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- “Northgate Ward”. Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
Media related to Nudgee Beach, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
- “Nudgee”. Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.
- “Nudgee”. BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 24 July 2008.
- “Nudgee”. Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 6 September 2007.