Town Category: Queensland
Mount Gravatt East, QueenslandSuburb of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Named after Mount Gravatt, a nearby landmark, the suburb was first gazetted in 1967.
There is a variety of hills, one of them being Mount Thompson.
On land owned by Boral along Pine Mountain Road, an old quarry has filled with water. Despite being fenced off, trespassers have gained access and used the dam as a swimming hole. A Brisbane City Council report found the water had a pH level of about 3.3 and contained traces of metals making it unsuitable for human contact.
On the 20th June 1891, an area in Mt Gravatt East known as Blantyre estate was auctioned by G.T. Bell. 12 subdivided allotments were up for sale. The allotments were on the corner of Cavendish road and Creek road. 
In the 2011 census, the population of Mount Gravatt East was 10,891, 50.9% female and 49.1% male.
The median age of the Mount Gravatt East population was 34 years of age, 3 years below the Australian median.
71.8% of people living in Mount Gravatt East were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were New Zealand 3.5%, England 2.8%, India 2.2%, South Africa 1%, China 0.9%.
79.8% of people spoke English as their first language, with 1.6% Greek, 1.4% Mandarin, 1.1% Arabic, 1% Punjabi and 0.9% Cantonese.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). “Mount Gravatt East (State Suburb)”. 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- Brisbane Suburb: Mount Gravatt East – History of Mount Gravatt East. ourbrisbane.com via the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Courtney Becht (12 May 2012). “Dangers lurk in illegal swimming hole”. Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- “Advertising”. The Telegraph (5, 824). Queensland, Australia. 16 June 1891. p. 8. Retrieved 30 April 2019 – via National Library of Australia.
- “The Blantyre Estate : Cavendish Road Coorparoo”. State Library of Queensland. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.