Middle Park is bounded to the north by the McLeod Country Golf Club, to the West by Baronga Street and Horizon Drive, Lalina Street and Macfarlane Street, to the south by Sumners Road and to the east by Estate Road and Beanland Street.
The suburb was named by Queensland Place Names Board on 8 January 1973. It was the one of the six "Centenary Suburbs" developed by L.J. Hooker Real Estate . It was released for development in July 1976, the last of the 6 suburbs to be developed.
The western part of the original land holdings that became the Centenary Suburbs were part of the Wolston Estate, consisting of 54 farms on an area of 3000 acres, offered for auction at Centennial Hall, Brisbane, on 16 October 1901. Wolston Estate is the property of M. B. Goggs, whose father obtained the land forty years previously in the 1860s and after whom Goggs Road is named. Only three of the farms sold at the original auction.
Good News Lutheran Primary School opened on 31 January 1984.
Middle Park State School opened on 27 January 1987.
The people of Middle Park are represented by government at three levels. In the House of Representatives of the Parliament of Australia by Milton Dick, the Australian Labor Party Member for the electorate of Oxley. In the Queensland Parliament by Jessica Pugh, the Australian Labor Party Member for Mount Ommaney. On Brisbane City Council by Councillor Matthew Bourke, the Liberal National Party Member for the Jamboree Ward.
Middle Park State School is a government primary (Prep-6) school for boys and girls at Cnr Sumners Road & Macfarlane Street ( In 2017, the school had an enrolment of 646 students with 50 teachers (42 full-time equivalent) and 26 non-teaching staff (16 full-time equivalent). It includes a special education program. The School's motto is "Each to Succeed".).
Good News Lutheran School is a private primary (Prep-6) school for boys and girls at 49 Horizon Drive ( In 2017, the school had an enrolment of 352 students with 26 teachers (24 full-time equivalent) and 21 non-teaching staff (14 full-time equivalent).).
Centenary Baptist Church is at 8 Riverhills Road ().
Cententary Uniting Church is at 37 Riverhills Road ().
Good News Lutheran Church is at 49 Horizon Drive ().
St Catherine's Anglican Community is at 43 MacFarlane Street ().
The Salvation Army Centenary Corps is on the corner of MacFarlane Street and Lalina Street ().
In the 2011 census the population of Middle Park was 4,026, 51.2% female and 48.8% male. The median age of the Middle Park population was 38 years of age, 1 year above the Australian median. 61.2% of people living in Middle Park were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were England 5.6%, New Zealand 3.7%, Vietnam 2.6%, China 2.3%, Sri Lanka 1.8%. 72.5% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 3.7% Cantonese, 3.7% Vietnamese, 3.4% Mandarin, 2% Tamil, 0.9% Hindi.
Most housing was constructed between 1980 and 1990 in the style of that era, which many would suggest is rather inappropriate for the climate of Brisbane. All but 73 of the houses in Middle Park are stand-alone, with townhouses accounting for most of the remainder. Townhouses are commonly two-storey buildings on a small plot of land in a gated community.
The typical Middle Park house is 220 m2 in area on a block of land of 600 m2. It has a large open-plan living area, four bedrooms, two bathrooms (one ensuite) and a double garage. It is single-storey "brick and tile", built on a concrete slab, with a brick outer skin and plasterboard inner skin on wooden framing, and a tile roof on wooden framing. It has a pool in the back yard.
According to the Real Estate Institute of Queensland, the median house price during 2009 was AU$525,500, and the median weekly rent paid for a three-bedroom house in the December 2005 quarter was AU$460. In 2001, 78% of homes were owner-occupied, 19% were rented.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Middle Park (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Jamboree Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Middle Park - suburb in City of Brisbane (entry 41942)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Google (5 April 2020). "Brisbane GPO to Middle Park" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Plan of the Wolston Estate". 1901. hdl:10462/deriv/252490. Cite journal requires
- "SALE OF WOLSTON ESTATE". The Brisbane Courier. LVIII (13, 651). Queensland, Australia. 12 October 1901. p. 4. Retrieved 21 May 2019 – via National Library of Australia.
- "LATEST NEWS IN BRIEF". The Queenslander. LXI (1353). Queensland, Australia. 26 October 1901. p. 780. Retrieved 21 May 2019 – via National Library of Australia.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Middle Park (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Jamboree Ward". Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 24 May 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "State and non-state school details". Queensland Government. 9 July 2018. Archived from the original on 21 November 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Middle Park State School". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "ACARA School Profile 2017". Archived from the original on 22 November 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Good News Lutheran School". Archived from the original on 11 November 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Metro Middle Park – See you at Metro". Archived from the original on 14 March 2020. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Centenary Baptist Church". Archived from the original on 8 March 2020. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "Location – Centenary Uniting Church". Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Good News Lutheran Church". Good News Lutheran Church. Archived from the original on 8 March 2020. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "St Catherine's Anglican Community - Centenary Suburbs". Archived from the original on 15 July 2006. Retrieved 4 April 2020.
- "Centenary Corps". Salvation Army. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- REIQ Suburb profile - Middle Park
- "Middle Park". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.