Manly West, Queensland
Manly West is a suburb of Brisbane, Australia. Manly West originally was an extension of Manly, but was officially gazetted in 1975.
Manly West is one suburb inland from the bay and the most common style of housing in the area is modern, low-set brick houses. It is 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) east of the CBD.
Manly West hosts two primary schools, a preschool, Moreton Bay College and Moreton Bay Boys College. Manly West State School opened on 28 January 1958.
Manly West is serviced by a fortnightly visit of the Brisbane City Council‘s mobile library service at the Mayfair Village Shopping Centre on Manly Road.
In the 2011 census the population of Manly West was 11,195, 52% female and 48% male. The median age of the Manly West population was 38 years of age, 1 year above the Australian median. 78.1% of people living in Manly West were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were England 4.9%, New Zealand 4.8%, South Africa 0.9%, Scotland 0.7%, Philippines 0.5%. 91.4% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.4% German, 0.3% Tagalog, 0.3% Japanese, 0.3% Arabic, 0.3% Spanish.
Over 47% of households in this area consist of a couple with children and a further 35% are couples without children. Stand alone house account for 87% of all dwellings in this area, with townhouses accounting for a further 10%.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). “Manly West(State Suburb)”. 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- “Doboy Ward”. Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Brisbane Suburb: Manly West – History of Manly West – ourbrisbane.com Archived 14 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- “Opening and closing dates of schools in Queensland”. Education Queensland. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- “Mobile library services”. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). “Manly West, Qld (State Suburb)”. 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- ourbrisbane.com website, Manly West section: Archived at the Wayback Machine
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Manly West