Somerset Dam occupies the east of Hazeldean. Western parts are elevated and remain mostly vegetated. In the south is and towards the north is Deer Reserve State Forest. A strip between the dam and the mountains is mostly rural-residential.
Lake Somerset Holiday Park is a large park on the edge of Somerset Dam which offers a range of accommodation including cabins and camping.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Hazeldean (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Hazeldean - locality in Somerset Region (entry 48227)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- Kerr and Philpott, JD and MM (1971). "Lars Andersen's Timber Tramways" (PDF). southburnett.biz. Queensland Heritage. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Hazeldean (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "State and non-state school details". Queensland Government. 9 July 2018. Archived from the original on 21 November 2018. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Stanley River Environmental Education Centre". Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
Media related to Hazeldean, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons