Darra railway station
A stop at "nine miles forty four chain" from Central was established when the line between Ipswich and Brisbane was built in 1874. Service on the line were operating in 1875. No stops at the site were recorded in 1876 or 1877, probably because the stop was not manned until the following year when passengers were first recorded at Darra station. The name Darra is most probably derived from a Scottish railway town as some of the engineers who were responsible for naming stops were Scottish.
A siding at Darra was constructed in 1885 to enable the loading of firewood for Hicks & Gray. In 1954, four platforms were built at the station but only three were used. On 17 November 1979, the Darra to Ipswich line was electrified.
Construction of the Springfield line
In 2010, the station was upgraded with two additional platforms and a new ticket office built as part of the quadruplication of the line from Corinda to accommodate services for the Springfield line which has a junction with the Main line west of the station.
The car park was expanded to include 60 new car park spaces and 40 extra cycle lockers.
Services by platform
|1||Ipswich & Rosewood||Ipswich & Rosewood*|||
|2||Springfield||Bowen Hills & Doomben||1 Mon-Thu Doomben afternoon service only|
|Kippa Ring||Bowen Hills to Northgate stopping only at Eagle Junction|||
|Caboolture & Nambour||Bowen Hills to Petrie, stopping at Eagle Junction and Northgate||Peak hours only|
|Ipswich & Rosewood||Kippa-Ring||Bowen Hills to Northgate stopping only at Eagle Junction||Evening peak only|
|Caboolture & Nambour||Bowen Hills to Petrie, stopping at Eagle Junction and Northgate||Evening peak only|
|3||Ipswich & Rosewood||Ipswich & Rosewood*||Evening peak only|
|4||Ipswich & Rosewood||Bowen Hills & Doomben||Darra to Milton stopping only at Indooroopilly (Morning peak only)|||
|Caboolture & Nambour||Weekdays: Darra to Milton stopping only at Indooroopilly (Morning peak only) and express from Bowen Hills to Petrie, stopping at Eagle Junction and Northgate|||
|Weekends: Northgate to Petrie|||
*Note: One weekday morning service (4:56am from Central) and selected afternoon peak services continue through to Rosewood. At all other times, a change of train is required at Ipswich.
- Mynott, Wicki (2009). 150 years: Richlands, Inala & neighbouring suburbs in Brisbane's South West. Richlands, Inala & Suburbs History Group. pp. 62–70.
- Corinda to Darra upgrade Queensland Rail November 2010
- Christine Kellett (8 July 2009). "Grenade found at Darra train station". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 10 October 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- Tony Moore (29 April 2009). "Overhaul of Darra Railway Station begins". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 21 April 2015. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Ipswich Rosewood Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Springfield Line timetable". TransLink. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- Darra Platform 1 Archived 10 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine TransLink
- Darra Platform 2 Archived 10 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine TransLink
- Darra Platform 3 Archived 10 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine TransLink
- Darra Platform 4 Archived 10 January 2015 at the Wayback Machine TransLink