Darra railway station
Darra railway station is located on the Main line in Queensland, Australia. It serves the Brisbane suburb of Darra.
A stop at “nine miles forty four chain” from Central was established when the line between Ipswich and Brisbane was built in 1874. Service on the line were operating in 1875. No stops at the site were recorded in 1876 or 1877, probably because the stop was not manned until the following year when passengers were first recorded at Darra station. The name Darra is most probably derived from a Scottish railway town as some of the engineers who were responsible for naming stops were Scottish.
A siding at Darra was constructed in 1885 to enable the loading of firewood for Hicks & Gray. In 1954, four platforms were built at the station but only three were used. On 17 November 1979, the Darra to Ipswich line was electrified.
Construction of the Springfield line
In 2010, the station was upgraded with two additional platforms and a new ticket office built as part of the quadruplication of the line from Corinda to accommodate services for the Springfield line which has a junction with the Main line west of the station.
During construction a hand grenade was found by workers and then safely disposed of by army personnel.
The car park was expanded to include 60 new car park spaces and 40 extra cycle lockers.
Darra is served by City network services operating from Nambour, Caboolture, Kippa Ring and Bowen Hills to Springfield Central, Ipswich and Rosewood.
Services by platform
Platform Line Destinations Notes 1 Ipswich & Rosewood Ipswich & Rosewood Limited direct services to Rosewood, most services require a change of trains at Ipswich Springfield Springfield Central  2 Springfield Bowen Hills & Kippa Ring  Caboolture & Nambour Peak hours only 3 Ipswich & Rosewood Ipswich & Rosewood Limited direct services to Rosewood, most services require a change of trains at Ipswich
Afternoon/Evening Peak hour only
4 Ipswich & Rosewood Bowen Hills, Caboolture & Nambour Morning Peak services run express to Milton stopping only at Indooroopilly Kippa Ring Afternoon/Evening hour only
- Mynott, Wicki (2009). 150 years: Richlands, Inala & neighbouring suburbs in Brisbane’s South West. Richlands, Inala & Suburbs History Group. pp. 62–70.
- Corinda to Darra upgrade Queensland Rail November 2010
- Christine Kellett (8 July 2009). “Grenade found at Darra train station”. Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 10 October 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- Tony Moore (29 April 2009). “Overhaul of Darra Railway Station begins”. Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 21 April 2015. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Darra Platform 1 TransLink
- Darra Platform 2 TransLink
- Darra Platform 3 TransLink
- Darra Platform 4 TransLink
- Media related to Darra railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Darra station Queensland Rail
- Darra station Queensland’s Railways on the Internet