Bridgeman Downs is surrounded by Aspley, Albany Creek, McDowall and Carseldine.
Bridgeman Downs has long been associated with large acreage properties, but these are mostly restricted to the end of Beckett Road and down Bridgeman Road.
In November 1860 bought land bounded by Albany Creek Road, Bridgeman Road and Beams Road.
The development of Bridgeman Down as a residential area occurred in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
The Anglican Church of the Resurrection was dedicated and consecrated in 1981.
Shopping villages such as Mcdowall village and Metro on Beckett service the southern part of the suburb. As the Aspley hypermarket services the top half. Major shopping centers that are close include Brookside Shopping Centre, Stafford City Shopping Centre, Aspley hypermarket and Westfield Chermside.
Bridgeman Downs has a number of churches:
- Bridgeman Baptist Community Church
- Bridgeman Downs Christian Outreach Centre
- C3 Church
- Anglican Church of the Resurrection at 30 Ridley Road ( ).
In the 2011 census, Bridgeman Downs recorded a population of 7,445 people, 51.2% female and 48.8% male.
The median age of the Bridgeman Downs population was 40 years of age, 3 years above the Australian median.
74.6% of people living in Bridgeman Downs were born in Australia, compared to the national average of 69.8%; the next most common countries of birth were England 4.5%, New Zealand 2.4%, India 1.9%, South Africa 1.7%, Fiji 1.2%.
84.1% of people spoke only English at home; the next most popular languages were 2.3% Italian, 1.4% Cantonese, 1.2% Hindi, 0.9% Mandarin, 0.7% Afrikaans.
Buses come at regular intervals, and run throughout the day, with Beckett Road being the main corridor.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Bridgeman Downs (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "McDowall Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Bridgeman Downs (entry 42574)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Year Book" (PDF). Anglican Archdiocese of Brisbane. 2019. p. 131. Archived (PDF) from the original on 15 September 2020. Retrieved 15 September 2020.
- "Pinnaroo Cemetery and Crematorium". Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 25 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Teague, D. R. (David R.) (1980), The history of Albany Creek, Bridgeman Downs and Eaton's Hill (2nd ed.), Colonial Press, ISBN 978-0-909139-07-0
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Bridgeman Downs
- Bridgeman Baptist Community Church - Bridgeman Downs
- "Bridgeman Downs". BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008.
- "Bridgeman Downs". Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007.