The median age of the Archerfield population was 37 years of age, the same as the median nationally.
64.5% of people living in Archerfield were born in Australia, slightly less than the national average of 69.8%. The other top responses for country of birth were India 3%, England 2.4%, Philippines 2.2%, New Zealand 2.2%, Fiji 2%.
67.4% of people spoke only English at home; the next most popular languages were 4.2% Vietnamese, 2.2% Samoan, 2% Hindi, 1.8% Gujarati, 1.8% Greek.
Archerfield Airport originally served as the major airport for Brisbane. The old civil terminal is still in existence on the eastern side of the airfield. During World War 2 the airfield served as a base for military flying operations in support of the war in the Pacific.
On 8 August 1995 as southern Queensland experienced a severe cold snap, a temperature of 0 degrees was recorded in Archerfield. On 4 January 2014, the suburb recorded a maximum temperature of 42.4 degrees, just under the record maximum set in 1940.
Archerfield has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Beatty Road (in front of Archerfield Airport): God's Acre Cemetery
- 98-138 Kerry Road: Archerfield Second World War Igloos Complex
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Archerfield (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Moorooka Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Archerfield (entry 44213)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Archerfield (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Archerfield". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland. Archived from the original on 4 March 2019. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- Jack Frost makes his icy presence felt. p.3. The Courier Mail. 9 August 1995.
- "God's Acre Historic Cemetery - Grenier's Burial Ground". Brisbane Heritage Register. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Archerfield Second World War Igloos Complex (entry 602150)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 19 June 2013.