Howrah is a residential locality in the local government area (LGA) of Clarence in the Hobart LGA region of Tasmania. The locality is about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) south-east of the town of Rosny Park. The 2016 census provides a population of 8690 for the state suburb of Howrah. It is a suburb of the City of Clarence. It is east of Bellerive and north of Tranmere.
Howrah is a beachside suburb, with views across the Derwent River to Hobart City. Clarence Street runs through the centre of the suburb separating the hillside section from the beachside.
Shoreline Shopping Centre, is the largest shopping centre in Howrah.
Howrah was gazetted as a locality in 1963.
The waters of the River Derwent form the south-western boundary.
- "2016 Census Quick Stats Howrah (Tas.)". quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 23 October 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- http://www.howrah.tased.edu.au Archived 20 March 2005 at the Wayback Machine Howrah Primary.
- "Placenames Tasmania – Howrah". Placenames Tasmania. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
Select “Search”, enter 19041W, click “Search”, select row, map is displayed, click “Details”
- "City of Clarence: Suburban History". City of Clarence. Archived from the original on 14 April 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Google (2 April 2021). "Howrah, Tasmania" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- "Tasmanian Road Route Codes" (PDF). Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water & Environment. May 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.