Toowoomba Karara Road passes through the locality and town from north to south, and Umbiram Road / Newman Road (which links Southbrook on the Gore Highway to the New England Highway) runs from west to east.
A suburban rail motor service from Toowoomba commenced in May 1917. It was extended south to Cambooya and north (from Toowoomba) to Willowburn (a railway station on the Western line at the Harlaxton, Cranley, Rockville tripoint) in 1918. These services ceased around 1923.
- Wyreema, a steamship named after the town
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Wyreema (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Wyreema - town in Toowoomba Region (entry 38315)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "Wyreema - locality in Toowoomba Region (entry 48101)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Google (20 July 2019). "Wyreema, Queensland" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 20 July 2019.
- The Toowoomba Suburban Rail Motor Service Knowles, J.W. Australian Railway Historical Society Bulletin, July, 1992 pp170-171
- "Mobile library". Toowoomba Regional Council. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Wyreema State School". Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Wyreema". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.
- Town map of Wyreema, 1980