The locality takes its name from the Terrica parish name, which in turn takes its name from early pastoral run spelt variously in the New South Wales Government Gazette as Terica, Terrea, Terren or Terrin.
Terrica was opened for selection on 17 April 1877; 31 square miles (80 km2) were available.
- "Terrica - locality in Goondiwindi Region (entry 49280)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- "Proclamations under the New Land Acts". The Brisbane Courier. Queensland, Australia. 2 March 1877. p. 3. Retrieved 19 February 2020 – via Trove.