Following World War I, Pozieres was one of the Pikedale soldier settlements established in the Granite Belt area of the Darling Downs. As part of this initiative, the Amiens branch railway of the Southern railway line was constructed west of Cottonvale. The line was not built to convey passengers but rather to transport fruit from the soldiers' orchards to markets in Brisbane and Sydney. The line was opened on 7 June 1920 and it closed on 28 February 1974.
The name Pozieres comes from the railway station name assigned by the Queensland Railways Department in 1920, which in turn was suggested by surveyor George Grant and the Returned Soldiers and Sailors Imperial League of Australia, commemorating the famous World War I Battle of Pozières. The grave accent in Pozières is omitted as Queensland Government policy on place naming restricts names to the "standard alphabet".
A postal receiving office was opened at Pozieres on 1 May 1921, upgraded to a post office about March 1924.
Pozieres State School opened on 16 June 1921.
Pozieres State School is a government co-educational primary (P-6) school at Pozieres School Road. In 2016, the school had an enrolment of 7 students with 2 teachers (1 full-time equivalent) and 3 non-teaching staff (1 full-time equivalent).
- "Pozieres - locality in Southern Downs Region (entry 45968)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Randall, Brian (3 November 2014). "Pikedale soldier settlements". State Library of Queensland. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- Southern Downs Steam Railway (2008). "Historical information: (Warwick) - Cottonvale - Amiens". Archived from the original on 6 January 2009. Retrieved 18 November 2008.
- QR Limited. "QR History - Royal goes by train". Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2008.
- "How places are named: Naming principles". Queensland Government. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Pozieres State School. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 September 2017. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Hamilton, Enid (1988), The story of Pozieres, Pozieres Parents & Citizens Association
Media related to Pozieres, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons