Greenup Provisional School opened on 11 March 1918, but closed in 1922 due to low student numbers. In 1923 it reopened as a half-time school sharing a teacher with the Warroo Road Provisional School (formrely the Coolmunda Provisional School). From 1930, it was a part-time school sharing a teacher with both the Warroo Road Provisional School and the Brush Creek school. However the closure of these other two schools allowed Greenup to return to full-time status, closing in 1940 due to low student numbers. On 7 February 1955 a new Greenup State School was opened which operated until 10 December 1976 when it closed due to insufficient students.
- "Greenup - locality in Goondiwindi Region (entry 47812)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0