The Cunningham Highway passes through the locality from the east to the south-west. The South Western railway line also passes through the locality roughly parallel to the highway. The town of Gore is located on the south-eastern boundary of the locality and both the highway and the railway pass through it with the town being served by Gore railway station.
Gore State School opened on 20 January 1913. In 1927 it became Maxhill State School and then in 1937 Cement Mills State School. It closed in 1975. (NOTE: The locality of Cement Mills is immediately to the south-east of Gore)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Gore (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Gore - town in Goondiwindi Region (entry 14398)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Gore - locality in Goondiwindi Region (entry 49641)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Gore - railway station in the Goondiwindi Region (entry 14401)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0