Town Category: Tasmania
Prominent features in the range include the dual-named Kunanyi / Mount Wellington at 1,269 metres (4,163 ft) above sea level, Collins Cap, Collins Bonnet via Myrtle Forest, Trestle Mountain, Mount Marian, Mount Charles and Mount Patrick via Middle Hill. The Wellington Range is part of the Wellington Park Reserve.
The Wellington Range is home to over 500 unique species of flora, despite being mostly high alpine region. The range forms part of the South-east Tasmania Important Bird Area, identified as such by BirdLife International because of its importance in the conservation of a range of woodland birds, especially the endangered swift parrot and forty-spotted pardalote.
- “Mount Wellington, Australia”. Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- “Mount Wellington (TAS)”. Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- “Wellington Range (TAS)”. Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- “Tasmanian dual naming policy announced atop Kunanyi”. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 13 March 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- “IBA: South-east Tasmania”. Birdata. Birds Australia. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
Arthur Range Eastern
- Federation (1,224 m or 4,016 ft)
Ben Lomond Range
- Legges Tor (1,572 m or 5,157 ft)
- Giblin Peak (1,569 m or 5,148 ft)
- Markham Heights (1,542 m or 5,059 ft)
- Hamilton Crags (1,540 m or 5,052 ft)
- Stacks Bluff (1,527 m or 5,010 ft)
- Misery Bluff (1,520 m or 4,987 ft)
- Ossian’s Throne (1,498 m or 4,915 ft)
- Coalmine Crag (1,498 m or 4,915 ft)
- Magnet Crag (1,464 m or 4,803 ft)
- Victoria (1,213 m or 3,980 ft)
Du Cane Range Eldon Range Great Western Tiers
- Ironstone (1,443 m or 4,734 ft)
Pelion Range Wellington Range
- Kunanyi / Wellington (1,269 m or 4,163 ft)
West Coast Range
- Murchison (1,275 m or 4,183 ft)
- Jukes (1,168 m or 3,832 ft)
- Sedgwick (1,147 m or 3,763 ft)
- Owen (1,146 m or 3,760 ft)
- Sorell (1,144 m or 3,753 ft)
- Dundas (1,143 m or 3,750 ft)
- Read (1,124 m or 3,688 ft)
- Proprietary Peak (1,103 m or 3,619 ft)
- Hamilton (1,103 m or 3,619 ft)
- Darwin (1,031 m or 3,383 ft)
- unnamed peak (1,080 m or 3,543 ft)
Not in a defined rangeSouthern region of Tasmania, Australia City
Governance Mountains Protected areas,
parks and reserves
Rivers Harbours, bays,
inlets and estuaries
Coastal features Transport Landmarks Natural Man-made Islands Books and newspapers Flora, fauna, and fishlife Bioregions Indigenous heritage Other
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.