Zonhoven is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Limburg near Hasselt. On January 1, 2007, Zonhoven had a total population of 20,060. The total area is 39.34 km² which gives a population density of 506 inhabitants per km².
The municipality includes of the following hamlets: Halveweg, Termolen, and Terdonk.
On November 18, 1833 the Treaty of Zonhoven was signed in the house named De Franse Kroon between representatives of the Netherlands and Belgium to establish special regulations over the use of the Meuse River by the signatories.
Notable persons born/raised in Zonhoven
- children's books , author and illustrator of
- , host
- Zornik (1977), frontman of
- , athlete
- 2 Fabiola, DJ and producer aka Pat Krimson DJ, ex-,
- Luc Indestege, writer
- Ingrid Lieten (1964), Flemish minister
- Luc Nilis (1967), former soccer player
- Roel Paulissen, Mountain biking
- Marleen Renders (1968), marathon runner
- (b. Zonhoven, 7 October 1988), actress
- (1954), actress
- (1945), actress
- Jos Vandeloo (1925), writer
- , former MOP
- , writer
- Tim Vanhamel (1977), frontman of Millionaire and ex-Evil Superstars
- Francesca Vanthielen (b. Eeklo, 1972), actress, host
- Wout Wijsmans (b. Hasselt, 1977), volleyball player
- , former boyband
- , Multiple Sclerosis researcher/scientist
Products of Zonhoven
-  Belgian beer
House of the forester
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "zonderik.be" (in Dutch). zonderik.be. Retrieved 2013-02-28.