Many Peaks Provisional School opened on 23 Oct 1922 as part of the railway construction camp (57 Mile Camp) for the Gladstone to Monto railway line. In 1923 it was relocated south to the 63 Mile Camp. In 1926 it moved south to 67 Mile Camp and was renamed Barrimoon Provisional School (Barrimoon being the name of the railway station there). In 1927 it moved again to 74 Mile Camp and its name was changed in 19228 to Kalpowar Provisional School. In 1929 it moved to 82 Mile Camp and in September 1930 it was renamed Bancroft Provisional School. On 1 August 1931 it became Bancroft State School and remained there permanently until its closer on 31 December 1998.
Kalpowar has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Misfortune Road ( ): Mount Cannindah Copper Mine & Town Site
- "Kalpowar - town in North Burnett Region (entry 17613)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Kalpowar - locality in North Burnett Region (entry 45375)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Kalpowar - locality in Bundaberg Region (entry 44733)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "North Burnett Local Heritage Register" (PDF). North Burnett Regional Council. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 August 2019. Retrieved 16 August 2019.
Media related to Kalpowar at Wikimedia Commons