Flinders, New South Wales
Flinders is a seaside southern suburb of Shellharbour, located in one of the most picturesque regions in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia. Flinders is located approximately 86 kilometres south-southwest of New South Wales' capital city of Sydney. Flinders embraces an active outdoor lifestyle with beautiful beaches close by and over 60 hectares of green open spaces at your door step including bush reserves, waterways and landscaped parks. Flinders adjoins neighbouring suburbs of Shellharbour, Shell Cove, Blackbutt and the newly developed suburb of Shell Heights.
At Flinders you can enjoy living in a prestige suburb surrounded by nature yet still being close to Shellharbour City CBD, including Stockland Shellharbour, boutique shopping, schools, cafes, restaurants, transport and medical facilities.
Flinders is made up of smaller estates, the two major estates within Flinders are Woodlands and the newly established Sea Crest release.
Woodlands Estate is located in Flinders. The estate is relatively steeply sloping focusing on a central green spine of riparian corridor along Tongarra Creek that feeds into Shadforth Wetlands. The landscape design of the estate was heavily influenced by the sites proximity to the coast and the rural surrounds.
It was initially intended to call the new station Flinders
Premier Illawarra operates one bus route to and from Flinders:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Flinders (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- New Shellharbour Junction set to open Illawarra Mercury 6 November 2014
- NSW Government delivers extra train seats for South Coast customers Transport for NSW 7 November 2014
- Brand new Shellharbour Junction Station ready to open to customers Transport for NSW 21 November 2014
- CityRail Update N.13 - Illawarra and South Coast edition. CityRail.
- Flinders to Shellharbour Junction railway station Premier Illawarra