Flinders View is bisected by the Cunningham Highway which also forms part of the northern and southern boundary of the suburb.
Flinders View consists of four estates, Fairview Rise, Kensington Hills, Jacana Place and Flinders Crest. Major parks include Fairview Park and Nugent Park and its local shopping centre is Winston Glades, which has seen much change and development recently[when?] with the enlargement of Supa IGA and the movement of Pizza Hut and Network Video to a new section of the centre.
The origin of the suburb name is from the view and proximity to Flinders Peak from the suburb of Flinders View.
There are no schools in Flinders View. The nearest government schools are Raceview State School in neighbouring Raceview to the north and Amberley District State School in neighbouring Yamanto to the west. The nearest government secondary school is Bremer State High School in the Ipswich CBD to the north-west.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Flinders View (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Flinders View – suburb in City of Ipswich (entry 45046)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 July 2021.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- "Ipswich Libraries: Mobile library schedule of stops - January to June 2018" (PDF). Ipswich City Council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Flinders View". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.