Town Category: South Australia
Encounter Bay, South AustraliaSuburb of Victor Harbor, South Australia
Encounter Bay is a locality in the Australian state of South Australia located about 87 kilometres (54 mi) south of the state capital of Adelaide and about 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) south-west of the municipal seat of Victor Harbor.
It consists of land at the western end of Encounter Bay partly overlooking the subsidiary bay of and which includes the headland of Rosetta Head (commonly known as The Bluff). State Route B37 passes though the locality under the names of Waitpinga Road and Bay Road, and forms part of the locality’s boundary to the north-west.
Land use is mainly residential with some land adjoining the suburb of Victor Harbor in the north-east being zoned for "light industry" and land at the locality’s southern extremity being zoned for "primary industry". Rosetta Head which is located within the latter area is also listed as a state heritage place on the South Australian Heritage Register.
- "Search results for 'Encounter Bay, LOCB' with the following datasets selected - 'Suburbs and localities', 'Counties', 'Hundreds', 'Local Government Areas', 'SA Government Regions' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Encounter Bay". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Mayes, Kym (9 September 1993). "GEOGRAPHICAL NAMES ACT, 1991 Notice to Assign" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 1101. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Postcode for Encounter Bay, South Australia". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "District of Finniss Background Profile". Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Federal electoral division of Mayo, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics VICTOR HARBOR (ENCOUNTER BAY) (nearest weather station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Search results for 'Encounter Bay, LOCB' with the following datasets selected - 'Suburbs and localities', 'Local Government Areas', 'Gazetteer', 'Land Development Plan Zone Categories', 'SA Heritage Places' and 'Roads'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.