Stanhope is a small town in north central Victoria, Australia. Stanhope is 42 kilometres (26 mi) from Shepparton. It lies 197 kilometres (122 mi) north of the state capital Melbourne and 567 kilometres (352 mi) south west of Canberra the capital city of Australia. At the 2016 census, Stanhope had a population of 828.
The Post Office opened on 21 May 1917 but was known as Lauderdale until 1920.
Like many towns in this area of Victoria it relies heavily on its dairy production, and farming. A large dairy processing plant lies in the centre of the town.
Services in the town include a general convenience store, a pub, lawn bowls and tennis courts.