PS Success History Au Read more [...]
The P.S. Success was built in Moama in June 1877 by G.B. Air for Westwood & Air. It towed barges of sawn red gum, wool and other cargo along the Darling and Murray rivers, as well as running as a passenger boat from Swan Hill to Mildura during 1915-16.
The working life of Success ended in 1957 when it was put up on the bank at Neds Corner Station, 80 km west of Mildura.
In 1996, its then owners, the Pollard Family, donated the vessel to the Riverboat Historical and Preservation Society of Mildura.
PS Success measures over 82 feet long and 16 feet wide.
- “P.S. Success”. Port of Echuca. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- Town Accommodation: