Bendigo railway stati Read more [...]
Bendigo railway station
Bendigo railway station is the terminus of the Bendigo line, in Victoria, Australia. It serves the city of Bendigo, and opened on 21 October 1862. It was originally named Sandhurst, and was renamed Bendigo in 1891, at the same time the city was officially renamed. North of the station, the line continues as the Deniliquin and Yungera branch lines.
The station was rebuilt after being destroyed by fire on 23 December 1965.
The station building on the Up platform was refurbished in 1984. The light refreshment booth was demolished around this time, along with repairs and repainting of the footbridge and ironwork. Additional facilities and refurbishment occurred in 1988. During 1990, much of the station and yard was rearranged, and included the abolition of signal boxes ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’, new signal masts and turnouts.
Platforms & services
- Former dock platform, used to stable trains only.
- Bendigo Vicsig
- Railway station up in flames The Age 24 December 1965
- Works. Australian Railway Historical Society (Victorian Division). December 1984. p. 378. ISSN 0310-7477.
- “Works”. Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. November 1988. p. 349.
- “Works”. Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. July 1990. p. 217.
- Bendigo – Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Echuca/Moama – Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Swan Hill – Melbourne timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Media related to Bendigo railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Victorian Railway Stations gallery
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au
- Town Accommodation: