Allan Edward Geddes (4 November 1903 – 12 December 1987) was an Australian rules football player who played between 1922 and 1924 in the VFA for the Williamstown Football Club, and in the VFL between 1925 and 1935 for the Richmond Football Club.
He played with the VFA club Williamstown from 1922 to 1924, playing 51 games and scoring seven goals.
He also played one game for a combined VFA team that played against a Perth Football Club team, at the North Melbourne Cricket Ground on 2 August 1924; In a low scoring match, played in appalling conditions, the Perth team won by two points: 3.8 (26) to 3.6 (24). Geddes was one of Victoria's best players.
He was cleared from Williamstown to Richmond on 1 May 1925, and played on the wing in his first match for Richmond in round one of the 1925 season, against the Hawthorn Football Club, at Glenferrie Oval on 2 May 1925 (the Hawthorn Club's first ever VFL match). Geddes played well in a team that beat Hawthorn 11.11 (77) to (5.9 (39).
He played 45 games with the Richmond Second XVIII between 1936 and 1938. He was the team's captain/coach in 1936 and 1937, and was the team's coach in 1938 (although still playing, and still the teams coach, he was no longer its captain).
He was appointed as a selector for Richmond in 1940.
- 'Truboot', "Williamstown's Wing Centre: 'Geddes Cool as a Cucumber' ", The Sporting Globe, Saturday, 1 September 1923), p.6.
- The Association, The Age, (Friday, 1 August 1924), p.7; The Association, The Argus, (Saturday, 2 August 1924), p.20.
- Football, The West Australian, (Tuesday, 5 August 1924), p.8.
- The Association, The Age, (Monday, 4 August 1924), p.13, p.14; 'Onlooker', "The Association",The Argus, (Monday, 4 August 1924), p.16.
- Permit Applications, The Argus, (Saturday, 2 May 1925) p.26.
- The Teams: Hawthorn v. Richmond, The Argus, (Friday, 1 May 1925), p.10.
- Hawthorn's Initial Effort; Richmond Too Strong, The Argus, (Monday, 4 May 1925), p.9, p.10.
- AFL Tables: 1926 Brownlow Medal.
- Hogan (1996), p.306.
- Geddes to Coach Richmond Seconds, (Tuesday, 10 March 1936), p.7.
- Taylor, Percy, "Around the League Clubs and in the Dressing Rooms", The Argus, (Friday, 26 May 1939), p.18.
- Football, The Argus, (Wednesday, 21 February 1940), p.21.
- Hogan P: The Tigers Of Old, Richmond FC, Melbourne 1996.