Coromandel Valley, South Australia
Coromandel Valley is a semirural south-eastern suburb of Adelaide, South Australia. Part is in the City of Mitcham and the City of Onkaparinga with the Sturt River being the boundary between the two council areas.
Coromandel Valley, and its neighbouring suburb, Coromandel East, gain their name from a ship, the Coromandel, which arrived in Holdfast Bay from London in 1837 with 156 English settlers. After the ship reached the shore, some of its sailors deserted, intending to remain behind in South Australia, and took refuge in the hills in the Coromandel Valley region.
The Coromandel Valley Primary School, established in 1877, is one of the oldest in South Australia. Adjacent to the school is the original St John's Anglican Church, built with local stone. The parish at various times in the last century included the rural areas from Meadows in the South to Belair in the north.  An important business in the early days was Alex Murray & Son's jam and biscuit factory, which closed around 1902.
The (now closed) Coromandel Valley Post Office first opened on 10 July 1850.
Parks and recreation
- Frank Smith Park, a reserve of approximately 12 hectares including a wetland
- Sturt River Linear Park
- Weymouth Recreation Ground
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Coromandel Valley (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 28 March 2011.
- "Southern Adelaide SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Search result for "County of Adelaide, CNTY" with the following data sets selected - "Counties" and "Local Government Areas"". Property Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- City of Mitcham: Community Profile
- "Coromandel Valley, South Australian History". Flinders Ranges Research.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Frank Smith Park Archived 3 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine page at City of Onkaparinga
- City of Mitcham
- Blackwood High School
- Coromandel Valley Primary School
- Anglican Parish of Coromandel Valley