The suburb of Como was originally made up of three land grants, purchased by Christchurch farmer Edmund Hugh Comer in February 1891. The land was subdivided in 1905 under the name Como Estate, which is thought to be derived from either the owner's surname or the area of the same name in northern Italy. Como forms part of the City of South Perth.
There are four schools in the area. These are the Collier and Como Primary Schools, Como Secondary College (previously Como Senior High School), and Penrhos College, a private all-girls school which has a primary school and a high school.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Como (WA) (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Como (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 October 2008.
- Westralian Suburb: The History of South Perth, Western Australia, Francis Keble Crowley, Rigby Limited, 1962, page 38
- "History of metropolitan suburb names – C". Western Australian Land Information Authority. Retrieved 15 May 2007.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.