Town Category: Victoria
Carnegie railway stationRailway station in Melbourne, Australia
Carnegie railway station is a railway station on the Gippsland line in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern suburbs of Carnegie and Malvern East, opening on 2 April 1879 as Rosstown, being renamed Carnegie on 1 May 1909. Services between Flinders Street and Pakenham and Cranbourne stop at this station.
Boom barriers replaced interlocked gates at the Koornang Road level crossing in 1967.
In March 2014, the Level Crossing Removal Authority announced a grade separation project to replace the Koornang Road level crossing immediately to the west of the station. This included rebuilding the station above its previous location.
Platforms & services
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations services to Cranbourne
In January 2017, Carnegie Station closed for rebuilding as part of the railway crossing removals with the railway overpass by 2018.
CDC Melbourne operate two routes via Carnegie station:
- 623: Glen Waverley station – St Kilda
- 626: Middle Brighton station – Chadstone Shopping Centre
- “Train Station Patronage FY2008-2014” (XLS). Public Transport Victoria. 14 May 2015. Archived from the original on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016. (access from )
- OPENING OF THE MELBOURNE TO OAKLEIGH RAILWAY
- Carnegie Vicsig
- Public Office Record Victoria. “Carnegie – Public Record Office Victoria Photographic Collection”. proarchives.imagineering.com.au/index_search.asp?searchid=41. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- Massive rail investment to benefit millions of Victorians
The new station opened on 18 June 2018. Archived 16 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine Premier of Victoria 6 March 2014
- “Pakenham Line”. Public Transport Victoria.
- “Cranbourne Line”. Public Transport Victoria.
- “623 Glen Waverley – St Kilda via Mount Waverley & Chadstone & Carnegie”. Public Transport Victoria.
- “626 Middle Brighton – Chadstone via McKinnon & Carnegie”. Public Transport Victoria.
Public Transport Victoria railway stationsV/Line services and stations
- Media related to Carnegie railway station, Melbourne at Wikimedia Commons
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au
- Stations and services in italics are planned or under construction
- Stations in (parentheses) are uncommon stops for the listed service
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.