Carnegie railway station
Carnegie railway station is located on the Pakenham and Cranbourne lines in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Carnegie opening on 2 Apr 1879 as Rosstown, being renamed Carnegie on 1 May 1909.
Boom barriers replaced interlocked gates at the Koornang Road level crossing in 1967.
In March 2014, the Level Crossing Removal Authority announced a grade separation project to replace the Koornang Road level crossing immediately to the west of the station. This included rebuilding the station above its previous location.
Platforms & services
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations services to Cranbourne
In January 2017, Carnegie Station closed for rebuilding as part of the railway crossing removals with the railway overpass by 2018.
CDC Melbourne operate two routes via Carnegie station:
- 623: Glen Waverley station – St Kilda
- 626: Middle Brighton station – Chadstone Shopping Centre
- “Train Station Patronage FY2008-2014” (XLS). Public Transport Victoria. 14 May 2015. Archived from the original on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016. (access from )
- OPENING OF THE MELBOURNE TO OAKLEIGH RAILWAY
- Carnegie Vicsig
- Public Office Record Victoria. “Carnegie – Public Record Office Victoria Photographic Collection”. proarchives.imagineering.com.au/index_search.asp?searchid=41. Retrieved 2009-09-08.
- Massive rail investment to benefit millions of Victorians
The new station opened on 18 June 2018. Archived 16 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Premier of Victoria 6 March 2014
- Pakenham Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Cranbourne Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 623 Glen Waverley – St Kilda timetable Archived 29 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
- Route 626 Middle Brighton – Chadstone timetable Archived 2 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Public Transport Victoria
- Media related to Carnegie railway station, Melbourne at Wikimedia Commons
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au