Scott Creek, South Australia
Scott Creek is a locality in the Adelaide Hills about 24 kilometres (15 mi) southeast of Adelaide in South Australia. It includes the “ceased Government Town” of Cotton.
Scott Creek has a primary school and a Soldiers’ Memorial Hall. The school has 55-65 students.
The Scott Creek Conservation Park is south of Scott Creek, in the neighbouring locality of Dorset Vale.
Both the town and the conservation park are named for the creek that flows through them. They would have been used by the Peramangk people before European settlement began in the late 1830s. Copper was discovered in 1850, and silver soon after. Mining ceased in 1887 after extraction of 10 000 ounces (310kg) of silver.
- “Placename Details: Scott Creek”. Property Location Browser Report. Government of South Australia. SA0060630. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- Google (18 May 2017). “Scott Creek, South Australia” (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- “Information Booklet 2016” (PDF). Scott Creek Primary School. p. 5. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- “Scott Creek Conservation Park” (PDF). Department for Environment, Heritage and Aboriginal Affairs. January 1998. Retrieved 18 May 2017.