District Council of Mount Barker
The council was first established in October 1853. It expanded to four times its original size on 21 March 1935 as part of a major series of council amalgamations, absorbing the and parts of the and the .
The current council as of June 2016 is:
Ward Party Councillor Notes Mayor Independent Ann Ferguson South Independent Greg Morrison Independent Roger Irvine Deputy Mayor Central Independent Carol Bailey Independent Lindsay Campbell Greens Ian Grosser Independent Trevor Keen North Independent Debs Buchmann Liberal Jeff Bettcher Independent Harry Seager Liberal Susan Hamilton
Towns and localities
Towns and localities in the Mount Barker District Council include:
- Bridgewater (part)
- Bugle Ranges
- Callington (part)
- Dorset Vale (part)
- Jupiter Creek
- Kangarilla (part)
- Kuitpo (part)
- Macclesfield (part)
- Mount Barker
- Mount Torrens (part)
- Mylor (part)
- Verdun (part)
- Woodside (part)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). “Mount Barker (DC)”. 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- “Mount Barker District Council”. Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- “Adelaide Hills SA Government region” (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- “NEW DISTRICT COUNCILS”. Adelaide Times. VII, (1003). South Australia. 24 October 1853. p. 2. Retrieved 9 April 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- Marsden, Susan (2012). “A History of South Australian Councils to 1936” (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. p. 6. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
The District Council of Mount Barker was expanded to an area four times its previous size in 1935, including parts of Macclesfield and Echunga.
- “Council Members”. District Council of Mount Barker. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- “Council Members Register of Interests” (PDF). District Council of Mount Barker. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- “District Council of Mount Barker, Suburbs Localities”. Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 27 August 2015.